After yet another successive Premier League campaign, it is time for us all to look forward to a well earned break.
Before we do, there is one last administrative piece for us to finish up on and that is to hand out some TEB gongs.
Over the past week or so our polls have been going up on our Twitter page and with all the votes having been counted and verified, we are pleased to be able to announce the winners for each of our ten categories.
A big thank you to everyone who voted and interacted with the team here at TEB HQ, not just for these awards, but throughout the season.
If you want to look back at who were the winners last season, CLICK HERE!
AWAY DAY OF THE SEASON
- Leeds United 1-5 Crystal Palace 55%
- Crystal Palace 4-3 West Ham United 21%
- Southampton 1-2 Crystal Palace 18%
- Bournemouth 0-2 Crystal Palace 6%
We kick off with the best away trip of the season and the result of the game goes a long way to deciding which one takes the first award. To be honest, there is a common theme with the awards for this season as you will see, and it is no surprise that the massive victory at Leeds on Easter Sunday takes this one with ease.
INDIVIDUAL MOMENT OF THE SEASON
- Wilfried Zaha move (v Wolves) 4%
- Michael Olise cross field ball to Eberechi Eze (v Bournemouth) 11%
- Ward’s ‘Cruyff’ turn (v Bournemouth) 22%
- Jean-Philippe Mateta goal (v Leicester) 62%
Once again, we have an outright winner for this one and while it will not win a goal of the season award, it is clearly the sheer enormity of what it meant at that stage of the game against a side we now know went down. The Frenchman has his critics but JPM has certainly scored a few goals that we will always remember.
WORST MOMENT OF THE SEASON
- Wilfried Zaha penalty miss at Forest 7%
- 3 games without a shot 66%
- FA Cup loss at home to Southampton 10%
- Brentford late equaliser 17%
Another easy victory and not one we want to be remembering but it does seem a while ago now that we were three games without a shot let alone a shot on target! Crazy times.
COMEDY MOMENT OF THE SEASON
- Brighton disallowed goal 22%
- Two red cards v Fulham 10%
- Brighton goalkeeper error 63%
- Brentford equaliser 4%
Two nominations for Brighton in this one but we did expect the farcical scenes at home to Fulham would fare a little better. Having said that, everyone enjoys a goalkeeper mistake by your rival that leads to a goal!
OPPOSITION FANS OF THE SEASON
- Nottingham Forest 93%
- Leeds United 2%
- Newcastle United 4%
- Everton 1%
A resounding victory for the visiting Forest fans on the final day of the season who were celebrating staying up in their first season back in the Premier League. They were good up at the City Ground earlier in the season too.
PANTOMIME VILLAIN OF THE SEASON
- Darren England 39%
- Conor Gallagher 21%
- Garth Crooks 35%
- Thiago Silva 6%
This was a close run poll between two outright villains this season, let alone pantomime, but the winner by a neck was a referee that proved himself more incompetent than the rest on more than one occasion and completely out of his depth.
SIGNING OF THE SEASON
- Cheick Doucoure 78%
- Chris Richards 0%
- Sam Johnstone 1%
- Roy Hodgson/Ray Lewington 20%
Not take anything away from the Mali international but there was little in the way of competition which is why we through Roy and Ray in, but even they could not touch the midfielder who has impressed in his first season at the club.
GAME OF THE SEASON
- Leeds United 1-5 Crystal Palace 62%
- Crystal Palace 2-1 Leicester City 23%
- Crystal Palace 4-3 West Ham United 13%
- Crystal Palace 3-1 Aston Villa 2%
A second award for one of the most impressive away performances from a Palace team in recent years and rightly so. Any of the other three would win this award in any other season we suspect.
GOAL OF THE SEASON
- Eberechi Eze first goal at home to Bournemouth 4%
- Eberechi Eze second goal at home to Bournemouth 31%
- Michael Olise free kick at home to Manchester United 62%
- Wilfried Zaha at Brentford 4%
We expected this one to be closer than it was and more love for Eze, but that just shows the quality Olise showed with his late free kick to equalise against United.
PLAYER OF THE SEASON
- Marc Guehi 33%
- Cheick Doucoure 47%
- Michael Olise 16%
- Joachim Andersen 4%
There were two clear favourites in the poll as the time passed with Marc Guehi looking to retain the award, but it is Doucoure who nabs his second of what has been a very impressive debut season at the club.