The Eagles entertain Wolves ahead of another international break and will be looking to extend their unbeaten run at home into November as well as the current run of five Premier League games without a loss.
6th November 2021
Selhurst Park, Holmesdale Road, London SE25 6PU
A 60th minute goal from Eberechi Eze was enough to seal all three points for the Eagles in a tightly fought contest back in January.
WHO SCORED MAN OF THE MATCH – Pedro Neto (7.9)
Referee: Graham Scott. Assistants: Peter Kirkup, Marc Perry. Fourth official: Gavin Ward. VAR: John Brooks. Assistant VAR: Mark Scholes
PALACE – Nathan Ferguson and Eberechi Eze are the only concerns for Patrick Vieira with both making good progress in training. It is expected that Eze will soon take a place on the bench. Ferguson is a little further off.
WOLVES – Fernando Marcal, Jonny Castro Otto, Pedro Lomba Neto, Yerson Mosquera and Hugo Bueno are not expected to feature.
RED CARDS – none
YELLOW CARDS (3+) – Conor Gallagher (3), James McArthur (3), Romain Saiss (3), Ruben Neves (3), Joel Ward (3), Joachim Andersen (3)
Last FIVE meetings between the two sides;
- 30/01/21 Palace 1-0 Wolves
- 08/01/21 Wolves 1-0 Palace
- 30/10/20 Wolves 2-0 Palace
- 20/07/20 Wolves 2-0 Palace
- 22/09/19 Palace 1-1 Wolves
Last FIVE results for Palace:
- 30/10/21 City 0-2 Palace
- 23/10/21 Palace 1-1 Newcastle
- 18/10/21 Arsenal 2-2 Palace
- 03/10/21 Palace 2-2 Leicester
- 27/09/21 Palace 1-1 Brighton
Last FIVE results for Wolves;
- 01/11/21 Wolves 2-1 Everton
- 23/10/21 Leeds 1-1 Wolves
- 16/10/21 Villa 2-3 Wolves
- 02/10/21 Wolves 2-1 Newcastle
- 26/09/21 Southampton 0-1 Wolves
RECORD AGAINST WOLVES
- Played 70
- Won 22
- Drawn 19
- Lost 29
FORM PLAYERS ACCORDING TO WHO SCORED
- Conor Gallagher 7.38
- Adama Traore 7.33
- Rayan Ait-Nouri 7.01
- Odsonne Edouard 6.90
ONE TO WATCH
FORMER CLUBS – Pohang Jecheol Middle School, Pohang Jecheol High School, Red Bull Salzbug, FC Liefering (loan), Hamburger SV (loan), RB Leipzig
The South Korean international has been in fine form since arriving on loan from RB Leipzig in the summer. He has racked up 4 goals in 7 Premier League appearances for Wolves so far this season so he certainly knows where the back of the net is. The 25-year-old is closing in on 50 international appearances for his country.
CONOR GALLAGHER v JOAO MOUTINHO
This will be an intriguing battle in the middle of the park as the Chelsea loanee has had a fantastic start to the season. He will be up against a Portuguese international who has not hugely in form this season but has contributed to Wolves’ rise up the table in recent weeks.
- The teams met three times last season, winning once each in the league, with Wolves also victorious in the FA Cup third round
- Palace are aiming to win back-to-back home league games against Wolves for the first time since 1969
- Wolves’ only win in their past 5 away fixtures against Palace was in the Premier League in October 2018
- Palace are on a 5 match unbeaten league run, though 4 of those games were drawn
- Only Palace and Liverpool are yet to suffer a home defeat in the Premier League this season
- Palace can remain unbeaten in their opening 6 home fixtures of a league campaign for the first time since 1993/94, when they were in the second tier
- Patrick Vieira’s side have drawn a division-high 6 of their 10 league matches this season
- They have managed just 2 first half goals in this season’s Premier League, both scored by Wilfried Zaha.
- GOALS – Edouard/ Zaha/ Gallagher (3 – 19th in PL)
- ASSISTS – Gallagher/ Olise (2 – 13th in PL)
- PASSES – Guehi (686 – 6th in PL)
- TACKLES – Mitchell (32 – 1st in PL)
- TOUCHES – Guehi (786 – 8th in PL)
- SHOTS – Gallagher (21)
- SAVES – Guaita (29 – 5th in PL)
This is a match-up of two in form sides at Selhurst Park and it should be an intriguing watch. Palace enter the game off the back of a huge win at defending champions City while Wolves managed to hand Everton defeat at Molineux on Monday night. We are going for Palace to edge this one with Odsonne Edouard getting on the score sheet.
FINAL SCORE: 2-1
- Home – 6/4
- Draw – 21/10
- Away – 19/10
- Both teams to score – 10/11