Premier League Preview – Leicester City
With FA Cup ambitions put to one side, the Eagles are back on the road again with a Premier League date at Leicester City next on the fixture list.
A place in the last eight of the FA Cup is in the bag thanks to victory at Doncaster last weekend. Now attention returns to Premier League survival with Roy Hodgson all too well aware of the priorities this season.
Palace must keep up their recent good form in the league which has seen a run of three games unbeaten with some important up and coming fixtures against opposition in and around the bottom half of the table.
In contrast, the Foxes are experiencing a turbulant run of results which has seen fans grow increasingly disillusioned with boss Claude Puel. It has been far from easy for everyone associated with Leicester this season following the tragic loss of their chairman, with the events at the King Power in October bringing the football community together.
TEAM NEWS (courtesy of Physio Room)
CRYSTAL PALACE – Julian Speroni (thigh) is a major doubt while Connor Wickham (knock) and Pape Souare (shoulder) are both unavailable.
LEICESTER CITY – Marc Albrighton (hamstring) and Daniel Amartey (ankle) both miss out.
The last time the two sides met was at Selhurst Park in December. A goal from Luke Milivojevic right before the break proved to be enough to take all three points in what proved to be a tightly contested affair.
Who Scored man of the match – Luka Milivojevic (8.3)
Last FIVE meetings between the two sides;
- 15/12/2018 Crystal Palace 1-0 Leicester City
- 28/04/2018 Crystal Palace 5-0 Leicester City
- 16/12/2017 Leicester City 0-3 Crystal Palace
- 15/04/2017 Crystal Palace 2-2 Leicester City
- 22/10/2016 Leicester City 3-1 Crystal Palace
Last FIVE results for Palace;
- 17/02/2019 Doncaster Rovers 0-2 Crystal Palace
- 09/02/2019 Crystal Palace 1-1 West Ham United
- 02/02/2019 Crystal Palace 2-0 Fulham
- 30/01/2019 Southampton 1-1 Crystal Palace
- 27/01/2019 Crystal Palace 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur
Last FIVE results for Leicester;
- 10/02/2019 Tottenham Hotspur 3-1 Leicester City
- 03/02/2019 Leicester City 0-1 Manchester United
- 30/01/2019 Liverpool 1-1 Leicester City
- 19/01/2019 Wolverhampton Wanderers 4-3 Leicester City
- 12/01/2019 Leicester City 1-2 Southampton
THE RECORD AGAINST LEICESTER
- Played 70
- Won 26
- Drawn 18
- Lost 26
FORM PLAYERS (courtesy of Who Scored)
Top two rated players from each team so far this season;
- Ricardo Pereria 7.35
- Aaron Wan-Bissaka 7.23
- Wilfred Ndidi 7.35
- Luka Milivojevic 7.14
ONE TO WATCH
YOURI MARION TIELEMANS
Former clubs – Anderlecht, Monaco
The midfielder has already impressed fans at the King Power after just one appearance after signing on loan from French side Monaco. With a handful of international caps for Belgium, the 21-year-old began his career in the youth set up at Anderlecht in 2002 and went on to make his professional debut with the club in 2013. After over a century of appearances, Tielemans moved to Monaco in 2017 for a fee of 25million Euros. The loan deal that has brought him to Leicester has seen Portuguese international Adrien Silva go the other way.
With not much between the two sides in the previous fixture in South London, this match up is likely to be very similar. Both sides need the points, with Palace looking to create some light between them and the bottom three while the hosts in freefall after some good early season form. One win in the last seven has all of sudden seen the pressure swing towards the Foxes. With little splitting the two sides, TEB are going for the points to be shared in this one.
- TEB prediction – draw
- FIRST4LCFC prediction (see link below) – home win
- Who Scored prediction – draw
BETTING ODDS (courtesy of Paddy Power)
- Home – 11/10
- Draw – 9/4
- Away – 5/2
- Both teams to score – 5/2